Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro, and other financial services partners from Nelson Mullins are hosting an “In the Trenches” webinar series on operating during the COVID-19 crisis. Sessions are held twice a week.
Links to the webinar pages are embedded below, which include materials and recordings of past webinars from the series. The programs consist of a one-hour webinar followed by a Q&A period. Participants are able to submit questions anonymously before or during the presentations.
- Regulatory Pitfalls of Implementing Online Paycheck Protection Plan Loans — Specifically focused on ESIGN, UETA, and other enforceability concerns discussed in the context of enabling SBA PPP Loans (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- Loan and Account Modifications for Lenders and Financial Institutions — Discussed what requires consent and what can be made unilaterally to help impacted consumers (Brad Rustin, Carmen Thomas, Craig Nazzaro)
- Residential Mortgage Modifications: Regulatory Stumbling Blocks and What We Learned During the Financial Crisis — Focused on mortgage modification and default avoidance programs (Craig Nazzaro, Randy Saunders)
- Updating Compliance Management Systems During the Pandemic — Shared how financial institutions and lenders need to adapt compliance to new products and regulations while providing flexibility to help customers (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro, John Willis)
- Main Street Lending Program — Discussed all aspects of the new Main Street Lending Program, the $600 billion program designed to provide COVID-19 relief capital for mid-sized businesses (Brad Rustin, Jon Talcott, Peter Strand, Craig Nazzaro)
- Practical Compliance: Debt Collection and FCRA Concerns in the Wake of COVID-19 — Held session on debt collection and FCRA concerns that have arisen (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- Special Asset and Default Management Strategies — Went over strategies to proactively and purposefully address potential and existing defaults. (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro, Lee Hart, John Willis)
- Cybersecurity Risks in the Wake of COVID-19 — Risks for the remote workforce when you are holding data and money (Brad Rustin, Lynda Jensen)
- Updated Guidance on the Main Street Loan Facility: New Programs, Expanded Availability, and Lower Minimums — New aspects of the Main Street Lending Program, a $600 billion program designed to provide COVID-19 relief capital for mid-sized businesses (Jon Talcott, Peter Strand, Craig Nazzaro)
- PPP Loan Program Updates for Borrowers and Lenders — Staying current with recent issues, guidance, and trends from related to the Paycheck Protection Program (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- Fair Lending and UDAAP Risks to Watch For — A baseline review of best practices and common pitfalls (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- Fed's Main Street Lending Program — The latest information, forms, and FAQs on the MSLP in detail and outlined the associated risks for lenders (Brad Rustin, Brennan Ryan, Craig Nazzaro, John Willis)
- Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”) Loan Forgiveness — Highlighting a number of key elements of the PPP loan forgiveness application (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro, John Willis)
- The Shift to Digital Banking: Trends and Risks Post COVID-19 — The shift in customer needs and experience and the impact said shift has on your BSA/AML/KYC concerns, your CRA program, and fintech partnership risks (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro, Mark Miller)
- Combating Fraud Post COVID-19 — A review of best practice and tips for banks, fintechs, and non-bank lenders as well as an overview of current fraudulent practices observed and reported by the FTC, FinCen & CFPB and how these fraudulent practices will evolve as the pandemic plays out. (Brad Rustin, Liz Donaldson, Samer Roshdy)
- Preparing for Your First Regulatory Examination Post-Pandemic — For banks and other financial services companies, regulatory examinations can be a costly and time-consuming process. (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- Paycheck Protection Program Update — We gave a review of the most recent issues and risks associated with PPP as we move through the lifecycle and start to tackle forgiveness and the emergence of post origination problems (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- CFPB Agenda for 2021 and Beyond — We gave a review of the probable direction of the CFPB and what their anticipated priorities will be in the coming 12-24 months (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- Considerations for Hemp and CBD Banking — Information on best practices for banking institutions when providing services to hemp-related businesses, as well as hemp-derived CBD product companies. (Craig Nazzaro, Liz Donaldson, and Samer Roshdy)
- Bank-Fintech Partnerships — Structures, best practices, associated risks and the expected growth for bank partnerships in today’s economic and regulatory environments. (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro, Brennan Ryan)
- Developments and Best Practices in Payments — A full overview on developments and best practices within the Payments space. (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- The ADA and its Impact on Financial Services — An overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act and its impact within the financial services space. (Craig Nazzaro, Mark Miller)
- Recent Developments in the Community Reinvestment Act — The necessary steps to avoid risk driven by CRA challenges and possible opportunities to protect your ratings. (Craig Nazzaro, Liz Donaldson)
- Litigation Trends in Community Banks — Best practices to implement now to prepare for an increase in consumer challenges, Paycheck Protection Program lawsuits, data breach and cybersecurity lawsuits, and merger litigation. (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
- Regulation of the Financial Services Industry Post-Election — A non-partisan overview of what the regulation of the financial services industry might look like under either possible presidential administration. (Brad Rustin, Craig Nazzaro)
Please feel free to forward this information and check back often, as this page will be regularly updated.
Click here to view past In the Trenches webinars.