We have extensive experience in litigating claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and in consulting with employers on how best to comply with the ADA, including:
- Termination issues, including avoidance of claims of disability discrimination.
- Reasonable accommodation issues, such as the extent to which an employer should modify the terms and conditions of employment of disabled workers in light of the “reasonable accommodation” requirement of the ADA.
- Advising clients on what physical or mental conditions may be considered disabilities.
- Advising clients on determining the essential functions of the job.
- The interaction of the ADA with other state and federal laws, including the Family and Medical Leave Act and states’ worker’s compensation laws.
- Hiring issues, including pre-employment questioning and compliance with regard to application forms.
- Advising clients on how to handle employees with behavioral or drug and alcohol or mental health problems.
- Training managers and supervisors.
- All other issues relating to the ADA.
for more information about Nelson Mullins’ employment and labor law practice.