- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
Areas of Law
Solomon L. Wisenberg
Washington D.C., 20001
Solomon L. Wisenberg is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP where he leads the firm's white collar practice. He has more than two decades of experience as lead counsel in complex federal white collar crime investigations and jury trials. His practice is primarily devoted to representing individuals and businesses exposed to federal criminal and regulatory inquiries or charged with federal crimes.
Mr. Wisenberg's government career included serving as Deputy Independent Counsel, the number two position in the Whitewater/Lewinsky Investigation, and he was selected by Judge Kenneth Starr to conduct grand jury questioning of President Bill Clinton.
Mr. Wisenberg is the author of White Collar Crime: Securities Fraud (2010), published by West/Thomson Reuters.
Since entering private practice in 1999, Mr. Wisenberg has represented clients under investigation for public corruption (Hobbs Act), bribery, fraud (securities, bank, mail, tax, health care, FDA), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations, false statements to government officials, arms export control act violations, theft of federal property, and insider trading. He has also conducted internal investigations and insurance coverage fraud inquiries for corporations and nonprofits.
Prior to his service with the Office of Independent Counsel, Mr. Wisenberg was chief of the Financial Institution and Health Care Fraud Unit in the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas. He directed approximately 75 to 100 criminal investigations during his tenure as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Texas and North Carolina.
Frequently asked to comment on federal white collar criminal defense issues, Mr. Wisenberg has been a repeat guest on Wall Street Journal Live and CNBC. He has also appeared on The Today Show, National Public Radio, ABC's World News Tonight, ABC's Nightline, CNN, and Fox News. Mr. Wisenberg's articles, op-eds, and reviews have been published in the Washington Post, the National Law Journal, Corporate Counsel, the Wilson Quarterly and other journals. He is the Contributing Editor of the White Collar Crime Prof Blog.
The following is a selected sampling of recent matters and is provided for informational purposes only. Past success does not indicate the likelihood of success in any future matter:
- Represented a corporate executive targeted by the U.S. Department of Justice in a wide ranging international FCPA investigation. Government declined prosecution
- Represented a Florida insurance executive after indictment on federal wire and insurance fraud charges in the Northern District of Florida. Government dismissed all charges two weeks before trial
- Represented an auto industry corporate vice president indicted for securities fraud in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. After two years of discovery and motions work, the government dismissed all charges
Previous Professional Experience
- Partner and co-chair, White Collar Crime Defense Practice Group, Barnes & Thornburg LLP (2008-2013)
- Founded Wisenberg & Wisenberg PLLC, a white-collar boutique (2004-2008)
- Partner and Chair, White Collar Crime Practice Group, Ross, Dixon & Bell (1999-2004)