- North Carolina
Raymond C. Pierce
4140 Parklake Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27612
Raymond Pierce is a partner in the Raleigh office of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP concentrating in business strategy, acquisitions, commercial transactions, corporate governance and higher education policy.
Management of business acquisition including asset transfer, real estate, taxation, subscription, supply agreements, employment and environmental matters. Preparation for public and private offering.
Previous Professional Experience
- North Carolina State Banking Commission (2007-2013)
- Dean of the North Carolina Central University (NCCU) School of Law (2005 – 2012)
- Former partner with Baker Hostetler LLP (2002 – 2005)
- Member of the firm’s Business and Federal Policy Groups.
- Special Counsel to the Ohio Attorney General for investment activity of state teachers retirement fund.
- Higher Education Consultant
- Deputy Assistant Secretary U.S Department of Education Office for Civil Rights in the administration of President Bill Clinton (1993 – 2000)
- Managed the enforcement of federal civil rights laws in education and the development of federal civil rights education policy.
- Directed resolution of the Department of Education’s national higher education desegregation docket and negotiated settlement agreements with six states involving thirteen Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Served on a White House Domestic Policy Council committee that developed the Enterprise Zone/Empowerment Zone federal urban and rural economic development initiative.
- Former in house counsel in the corporate law department of the LTV Corporation, a former Fortune 50 Aerospace/Defense, Energy, and Steel conglomerate