Federal Strategies Team
The Federal Strategies Team, a division of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP, is a team of experienced public affairs professionals who provide government relations consulting and lobbying services. The Nelson Mullins government relations practice represents clients before federal, state, and local legislative, regulatory, and administrative agencies, including lobbying practices in Washington, Atlanta, Boston, Columbia, and Raleigh.
The Federal Strategies Team offers proactive and effective advocacy on behalf of corporate, nonprofit, and government clients in transactions where politics, business, regulatory, and legal environments intersect. Our attorneys and strategists offer a combination of capabilities — with the support and resources of a large law firm — to provide strategic political intelligence concerning evolving public policy developments, procurement regulations, and competitive activities that may impact business goals. We also help clients identify and manage political risks as well as recognize and develop new markets and maximize strategic opportunities.
Members of the Federal Strategies Team have experience in public affairs at the federal, state, and local level gained from years of public service. We utilize that experience to provide customized solutions tailored to our clients’ needs and goals and to fulfill those solutions effectively and efficiently. Our objective is to provide insight and advice that helps deliver positive, measurable results for clients.
Our services include:
- Leveraging the team’s combined experience in law and policy to provide in-depth analyses of legal, political, business, regulatory and media factors that may impact a client’s policy and business interests;
- Providing introductions to leaders and key decision makers and assisting our clients in navigating the halls of government at the federal, state, and local levels;
- Closely monitoring legislative and regulatory activities, drafting legislation and amendments, and preparing clients for testimony before Congress;
- Monitoring regulatory matters and representing companies, in cooperation with lawyers in our parent law firm, before state and federal agencies;
- Creation and utilization of custom business development networks with government officials, trade groups, academic institutions, investors, and others to validate and market client products and solutions;
- Accessing federal and state procurement opportunities by evaluating the agencies that serve as the best entry point for government contracts given the particular client’s needs;
- Aggressively seeking and advancing tangible business development and financing opportunities for clients through interactions with the U.S. government, state and local government, and foreign entities;
- Crafting and implementing effective media strategies, including targeted messaging to press and interest groups, opinion pieces, and crisis management;
- Facilitating coalition building and designing and coordinating issue-based grassroots advocacy efforts; and
- Providing full-service assistance with federal grants, including identification of funding sources, grant-writing, and guiding clients on the application process, through our dedicated in-house grants office.